SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2023
The toughest 5 mile loop you will find in the Midwest. You can run it once or twice, depending on how much time you want to suffer!
Jeff Lenard has designed this trail race course. His goal is to make you cry! Jeff says, “you thought Frozen Gnome was a tough course….”phew”…..that course is easy compared to this! I fully expect runners to swear my name after this race!”
The course is a generous 5 and 10 miles but we don’t charge any extra for the bonus mileage. You can thank us later. As an additional bonus, once you pickup your packet you will have a very nice 15-20 minute stroll to the starting line. We don’t charge for the warmup stroll either, that is entirely free.
- Friday evening- Ornery Mule Trailhead, 824 S. Main Street #102
- Saturday morning 6:30 am to 7:30 am at Veteran Acres
- Park in the Main Parking lot: 431 Walkup Rd, Crystal Lake, IL 60012
- The race start line is in the middle of the park in a very special place. Allow yourself a 30 minute walk to get to the start line. Follow the pink flags on the path, with some humans pointing you to get to the “fun” starting line.
- Get registered before 9/25/21 to be guaranteed the shirt size you want. We will order extras shirts for those that signup later, but sizes may be limited. We will make sure you get cool swag (shirt or baseball cap) though no matter what.
- 3 hour and 30 minute time cut off
- Be prepared for “fun” surprises
- Be prepared to Get Ornery on the TRAILS!
Registration closes October 18, 2023 at 11:59 PM
Kindness, Community, & Ordinary people doing Extraordinary things! OMR races have great swag/medals, FUN well marked courses & amazing volunteers! Whatever your fitness level, or interest in getting involved in our community, we have spot for you to join our little running family as a runner or volunteer!
We are inclusive to all people and value a safe & welcoming community. Join our FB page to get involved. LINK